1. Talk of ‘House That Johnny Built’ sparks a backlash. Former Texas A&M player Sean Porter: “I‘ll never go to another game at A&M again if they do that.”
2. Redshirt freshman wide receiver Uriah LeMay becomes the sixth Georgia scholarship player to depart from the program with eligibility remaining since the end of last season.
3. Based on the odds, the SEC player most likely to win the Heisman next season is Georgia running back Todd Gurley.
4. Alabama coach Nick Saban agreed to a new deal six months ago, but the contract still hasn’t been finalized.
5. Athlon Sports preseason top 25 has Ole Miss at No. 18 and LSU at No. 19.
6. ACC joins SEC in eight-game conference schedule. “South knows how to stick together.” ACC and Big Ten talking about playing non-conference games against conference opponents.
7. Does LSU need more statues of its football heroes? Tiger Stadium’s expanded capacity hasn’t been announced but it will be just north of 100,000.
8. Will it take beer sales to keep the in-stadium “fan experience” relevant for SEC football fans?
9. What does Nick Saban think of A.J. McCarron’s comments of playing while hurt at Alabama? “Well he never said any of those things to me.”
10. Of all the rookie quarterbacks in the league, no one has a better chance at starting in Week 1 than Johnny Manziel. Sports Illustrated: Johnny Better Be Good.
11. Florida coach Will Muschamp on the many underclassmen who didn’t get drafted: “It’s very concerning that 98 guys came out and 36 didn’t get drafted.”
12. One of these undrafted players was Tennessee’s Antonio Richardson: “Welcome to the NFL. It’s a blindside league.”
13. Gregg Doyel on Michael Sam: “This is your dream, America. Or this is your nightmare.”
14. They faced off in the SEC Championship Game but now Tre Mason and Michael Sam are teammates. “I welcome him with open arms.”
15. Michael Sam wasn’t the only star player in the SEC to go in the late rounds of the NFL draft.
16. Anthony Hickey, Malik Morgan and Shane Hammink are no longer on the LSU basketball team. Hickey started 85 games over the past three years. “There’s no telling if one or any of these departures are academically related…”
17. Guard Ian Chiles is transferring from IUPUI to Tennessee. Eligible immediately. Tennessee now has seven newcomers committed to joining the program this summer.
18. Alabama forward Nick Jacobs becomes the third member of last year’s Crimson Tide team to be released from his scholarship. He becomes one of the more than 500 college basketball players to potentially transfer this offseason.
19. Florida has officially added Michigan transfer Jon Horford
20. Missouri makes it official – assistant Brad Loos joining Kim Anderson’s staff.
21. Incoming Georgia freshman running back Nick Chubb can jump just a little bit.